I saw this on one of my friends blogs and stole it. This is how I "C" it too. Love it and she put it in the best words ever.
Today, as Jav was watching Shrek, he said, "Your a princess mom." "I'm a princess?" To which he replied with a mischievous smile, "No, you're not a princess." "Oh, well what am I?""Your a mama!"And that's the truth of it! In the worlds eye (and sometimes mine on a bad day) I am just a mama covered in bodily fluids, food, snot, and dirt. With my sweats and ponytail, I often look very disheveled and unattractive. To the world, I need a makeover (and I probably do)! To the world, I should use my education and do something important! In the Lord's eye, I am a Queen. I am a woman who has given up much in order to raise my boys. I have submitted to the goo and gross stuff for a bigger purpose; for the most important job there is. I AM A MAMA! My boys don't care what I look like, they love me no matter what. They love me when I'm crabby, when I don't feel good, when I look horrible. They love me when they probably have good reason not too! They are the perfect example of perfect love, Christ's love!
So, yes, I might be in my sweats or pj's for the umpteenth day in a row, and I might not have make-up on, and I might smell like a mixture of dirt, spit, and cheerios but I am a QUEEN and I am a MAMA! I have the most important job on earth...and most of the time I do alright! I get paid in smiles, giggles, and snuggles. I get paid in thank you's and "you're the bestest mom ever!" I get paid in watching my boys grow up to be kind, thoughtful, unselfish, and forgiving! There is no salary better than this! For this, I am thankful!
Wednesday, April 14
I love this message!!!!
Posted by cari at 4/14/2010 11:17:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i love this!! thanks for sharing it.
Very good and very true:) Nice to have reminder every once in awhile.
Post a Comment